Centeo is a fast growing fintech company focused on providing financial solutions for small and medium size enterprises throughout Mexico. We use technology and data to deliver critical financing to this underserved but important segment of the economy. We are a well funded venture with amazing investors from Mexico, the United States, and Colombia.
Currently, we are looking for a Director of Business Development to join our rapidly growing team. In this role you will lead and implement the full partnership development cycle, including opportunity identification and prioritization, market research, needs analysis, presentation of partner-centric solutions, negotiation and contracting, implementation, milestone achievement and tracking, and ongoing relationship development. This is a cross-functional role where you will work closely with Management and with colleagues from Risk, Operations, Engineering, and Product, to originate and grow new partnership opportunities.
If you are excited about developing new partnerships and scaling a new B2B financing platform with a world-class team of finance and technology entrepreneurs, we are interested in talking to you.
You’re a strategic-minded but sales-oriented business development professional with a strong track record of structuring and launching revenue generating B2B partnerships within a financial services, information technology, or software company. You love the challenge of selling complex financing solutions or customized software and technical products to large enterprises. You’re a data-driven, analytical thinker but have a particular passion for structuring partnerships, developing and nurturing relationships and implementing business solutions. One of your superpowers is explaining complex processes in simple, easy to understand terms. You have experience building teams of highly talented people and enjoy motivating and inspiring them to achieve shared goals. You’re looking to work with smart people and have fun building something great. You thrive in the fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment typical of a high-growth technology company.
At Centeo you’ll get to:
- Define and map out market opportunities, identifying industries & market segments with a strong need for Centeo’s financing solutions. Analyze economic value of our target segments and develop forecasts for revenue and potential market share.
- Develop a pipeline of partnership opportunities with detailed estimates of priorities and probabilities of closing deals. Manage entire funnel of prospects, from initial pitch to closing as well as reporting and forecasting related to revenue potential and time to implement.
- Design and structure partnership proposals for new prospects. Coordinate with Credit, Product, and Operations to include financing structures and details of technical integration requirements.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to partner prospects and clearly communicate the Centeo value proposition. Be the senior point of contact for our large, high value partner opportunities.
- Negotiate partnership contracts / revenue sharing agreements / intellectual property rights / customer data access / etc, coordinating closely with Centeo’s legal counsel in this process.
- Lead the development and planning for implementation and launch of new partner programs.
- Define and own KPIs linked to each partner to help us track progress toward our goals. Monitor growth of our partner programs and be a source of creative ideas to help activate and accelerate the use of Centeo’s financing solutions.
- Hire, train, motivate and mentor a team of high performing sales and business development professionals that will drive the growth of our partnership programs.
What we’re looking for:
- 9-12 years of proven experience in business development, strategic partnerships, or sales within a financial services, information technology or enterprise software company.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in hiring, building teams and retaining top talent, establishing scalable business origination models, and closing revenue-generating partnership contracts.
- Prior experience on the origination or distribution side of a financial services business is a plus with expertise in credit and/or financing structures for small and medium size businesses.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives. Creative thinking and an innovative approach to complex problems.
- Ability to discuss your work confidently, connecting it to larger strategic objectives as well as clearly articulating tactical and execution details.
- Able to work effectively with cross-functional team members in Risk, Product, Engineering and Operations.
- Excellent organization, time management, and prioritization skills
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in business, engineering, finance or other technical field
- Fluency in Spanish and English
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Learning and development stipend
- Paid vacation
- Fitness credit / gym membership
- Team retreats