Centeo is a fast growing fintech company focused on providing financial solutions for small and medium size enterprises throughout Mexico. We use technology and data to deliver critical financing to this underserved but important segment of the economy. We are a well funded venture with amazing investors from Mexico, the United States, and Colombia.
Currently, we are looking for a Credit Manager to join our rapidly growing team. You will be a key participant in efforts to define customized lending criteria for clients of our vendor partners, design new scoring methodologies and direct analytical processes for new credit opportunities. This is a cross-functional role where you will work closely with the Director of Credit and with colleagues from Engineering, Product, and Operations to optimize and scale our credit operation.
If you are excited about developing innovative approaches to evaluating credit risk and working with a world-class team of finance and technology entrepreneurs, we are interested in talking to you.
You have a strong track record as a credit analyst at a bank, fintech or other financial services company and a passion for the disruptive technologies transforming your industry. You’re a motivated, self-starter who can power through ambiguity and work independently to achieve results. You’re data-driven, have a strong interest in statistics and/or math, and hold strong views about how traditional analytical frameworks can often miss high quality lending opportunities. You’re a collaborative team player who rolls up their sleeves, responds quickly and decisively, and is able to work productively within a team to achieve company objectives. You’re looking to work with smart people and have fun building something great. You thrive in the fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment typical of a high-growth technology company.
At Centeo you’ll get to:
- Design new credit scoring methodologies that are customized for our various vendor partners and that leverage our unique alternative data sets
- Define credit criteria, financial metrics filters, and data requirements for credit applicants, balancing our promise of high approval rates and a user-friendly application process
- Identify which processes in our credit approval workflows (both analytical and operational) can be optimized through automation and then work closely with Engineering to implement new automated solutions
- Explore alternative data sources and test their relevance for our risk assessment policies
- Work closely with members of the credit team on our risk evaluation process and present lending opportunities to our credit committee
- Develop our portfolio monitoring tools, set exposure limits and propose strategies to diversify and mitigate risk
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of proven experience in credit risk and scoring methodologies, specialty lending, loan portfolios, and data analysis. Knowledge of and experience in the Pyme space in Mexico is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Creative thinking and an innovative approach to analytical problems
- Ability to discuss your work confidently, connecting it to larger strategic objectives as well as clearly articulating tactical and execution details
- Able to work effectively with cross-functional team members in Product, Engineering and Operations
- Excellent organization, time management, and prioritization skills
- Bachelor's degree (or advanced degree) in math, engineering, finance or other technical field
- Fluency in Spanish and English
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Learning and development stipend
- Paid vacation
- Fitness credit / gym membership
- Team retreats